Sunday, September 11, 2011

Assignment 2-2D Advertisement

I created an advertisement for a fictional record release to be used in both print and web publications. I wanted to use the element of mystery to draw the viewer into visiting the website of the record label.  This was achieved by the general sparseness of the ad displaying only the release date and a logo i created through cutting away at layers.  I wanted the composition of the ad to be balanced from a  visual weight standpoint, so the bottom features logos of both labels the record would be released  through (U.K. and U.S.). I chose to use helvetica as a font choice to help maintain the clean look.  Also it is a lighter feeling typeface.  It was important that I put the information within a boarder because the white of the page within the boarder becomes part of the ad itself.  Overall I wanted to create something clean and interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment